When you are alerted to criminal tax matters or those that may become criminal, it is in your best interest to act swiftly. The (CID) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is a highly efficient unit that dedicates its efforts to investigating and tracking down taxpayers who commit federal tax crimes. For those who may still be unmoved, take a look at their statistics:
- CID has roughly the same number of agents as they do investigations. This allows them to provide personal attention to individual cases.
- CID sentenced 1,664 individuals out of the 1,666 they indicted on federal tax charges in the 2015 fiscal year.
We choose to highlight this information not to make you wary of your tax issues, but to make you aware of the severity of being investigated by the IRS. Many people often discover that they are under investigation before getting charged. If you’ve found out that the United States Attorney’s Offices is conducting a grand jury investigation on you, do not waste any more time before acquiring legal representation from a federal tax fraud attorney.
Types of Federal Tax Fraud
In the occasion that you or your accountant make a mistake while filing your taxes or if you altogether, the IRS will be alerted, and an audit of your tax returns is likely to ensue. If it was an honest mistake, you should have nothing to worry about; however, if they get the impression that you purposely altered sensitive information to avoid paying your tax liability, you may face criminal charges. Some suspicious activity that may hint to tax fraud includes:
- Failure to file tax returns
- Significant number of cash transactions
- Failure to report offshore bank accounts or international income
- Underreporting income
- Filing a false return
- Overstating deductions
- Providing false information to IRS during audit
Being the target in a tax fraud case can be one of the most unsettling experiences anyone can go through. The IRS CID agents are covert in the way they carry out investigations. They’ll often pop up unannounced at odd hours at your job or 乐福彩票网 to confront you and inquire about your tax activity or lack thereof. It is crucial that you do not answer any questions without first speaking with your lawyer乐福彩票网.
Experienced & Aggressive Federal Tax Attorneys
Not just any attorney is qualified to manage tax fraud cases. The CID moves swiftly and will waste no time in turning your audit into a full-blown tax fraud investigation. The key to avoiding an indictment is to stop allegations before they arise. This means that you should acquire an attorney who can:
- Act Fast: assess the situation and review all the facts of the case.
- Make Contact: get in touch with the CID or the IRS civil investigator.
- Intervene: find out what the lead agent knows, his intentions, and help lead the matter in a more favorable direction.
Attorney Brice Aikens with The Umansky Law Firm is the federal tax lawyer乐福彩票网 you want on the case. Aikens is a board-certified criminal trial lawyer乐福彩票网 with years of experience defending those facing criminal accusations in the Greater Central Florida area. He continues to dedicate his life to the criminal justice system as a federal tax fraud lawyer乐福彩票网 who works to ensure that his clients’ rights are protected. Through swift action and aggressive representation, he can counteract the force of the IRS and help free you from your tax issues. Contact us today for a free case review.