Involved with a police sting? Charged with prostitution, indecent exposure, solicitation or another prostitution-related crime? Having an experienced attorney on your side may help.
If you have been charged with solicitation, indecent exposure or assignation, whether as part of a prostitution sting or by an undercover police officer, you are probably feeling a great deal of humiliation and fear over the impact these charges can have on your family.
You need an aggressive defense team that will fight hard for you while also striving to maintain your privacy and operating with discretion. At The Umansky Law Firm, our sex crimes defense attorneys are sensitive to the stresses you’re facing and your concerns for your family and your reputation.
Protecting The Rights Of People Accused Of Sex Crimes
The lawyer乐福彩票网s at The Umansky Law Firm each have more than a decade of experience in the criminal justice system tackling sex crimes charges in central Florida criminal courts, including solicitation charges in central Florida, such as prostitution, indecent exposure and exposure of sexual organs.
In their earlier careers as police legal advisers and prosecutors, Zahra Umansky and William Umansky developed and trained police on sting operations for prostitution rings and escort services. They are well-versed on police techniques used to entrap or entice people into doing something they didn’t plan to do.
Consequences Of A Sex Crime Conviction For Prostitution/Solicitation
In general, you may be facing the below penalties for conviction on charges of prostitution, solicitation or public exposure:
- Jail time
- Fines and fees
- Mandatory HIV testing
- Loss of employment (for those with licenses or security clearance)
- Mandatory AIDS classes
Florida Prostitution Penalties:
- First offense (second-degree misdemeanor): Up to 60 days in jail and up to $500 in fines
- Second offense (first-degree misdemeanor): Up to one year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines
- Third offense (third-degree felony): Up to five years in jail and up to $5,000 in fines
- Offense involving a person under 18 years of age (second-degree felony): Up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines
Florida Solicitation Penalties:
- First offense (second-degree misdemeanor): Up to 60 days in jail or six months probation and/or up to $500 in fines
- Second offense (third-degree felony): Up to five years in prison or five years probation and/or $5,000 or more in fines
- Any person in Florida who is caught and charged with violating prostitution or solicitation laws will be served with a $5,000 civil penalty
Orlando Prostitution and Solicitation Sting Operations
In the age of the Internet, there has been a proliferation of escort websites and directories. Some of the most common being Eros, CityVibe, Craigslist and The Erotic Review. Men of all backgrounds and professions frequent these sites and contact escorts for companionship. However, the services an escort can provide sometimes go beyond mere paid companionship, and law enforcement tries to step in to control any prostitution, assignation, solicitation and any other sexual acts conducted for money.
Sometimes, men will come to Orlando on business, to attend a convention or on vacation and frequent these or other sites to contact an escort. They will arrange a time to meet and find themselves ensnared in a sting operation where the escort was not an escort at all, but an undercover police officer who could be employed by any number of police agencies here in Orlando or central Florida. Law enforcement agencies such as the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Orlando Police Department and Seminole County Sheriff’s Office among others may conduct these stings in order to control the amount of prostitution that has arisen in the recent years as the popularity of the Internet keeps exploding.
Defense Strategies For Undercover Sting Operations
We know how prosecutors prepare solicitation cases and how to challenge evidence when the police conduct a prostitution sting. We’ll investigate:
- The initial contact with law enforcement — Was it legal?
- The arrest — Were your rights explained properly?
- The decoy officer — Is it the same person who wrote up the report?
- The taping technique — Was it recorded loud enough?
- The taping quality — Can we really hear what was said?
- The behavior of the police officer — Were you convinced to say or do something you wouldn’t normally do?
- Civil Penalty Removal
Whether you are a local resident or a Florida tourist facing prostitution or solicitation charges because you used an escort service or a massage service, our attorneys provide an aggressive defense to avoid or minimize the consequences of a criminal conviction.
If you are facing charges from Florida prostitution laws or sex sting operation on an escort or massage service, call us today and our experienced criminal defense attorneys will aggressively protect your rights in a Florida court of law.